Friday, June 6, 2008

what a past couple of months it has been

well well, where do i even start. I guess i'll start out by saying that since my last post, i've had an intense case of the flu that took me out of commission (and off the bike) for nearly 2 weeks. I had a horrible crash in a criterium, and ran into the side of a car that cut me off going about 30mph. I'm still recovering from that one. Needless to say, my summer of racing hasn't exactly gone the way that I had envisioned it some time ago. It's ok though, because i've still been training like a madman inbetween being injured and sick, and am now much faster than i was at the beginning of the season.

Since graduation, my only plans have been (in order):
1. Work enough to pay the bills
2. Hang out with awesome people
3. Ride my bike

That's it. No homework, no tests, no projects, no boss, no deadlines, just good times and hard work. My next race is next tuesday evening where i'll ride in the table mountain crit series and hopefully come back with some results to show for my 4 weeks of training without a race inbetween. yuck! I'm off to go climb to ward, descend to lyons, and come back into boulder on 75th. 70 miles in 4 hours? why not.

oh yeah! one last thing... my powertap should be here soooooooon!

No comments: