Tuesday, June 17, 2008

sweet ride and sweeter training plan

today me, steven, and herron did the good ol' boulder-lyons-peak to peak-ward-lefthand-backside of lee hill route today (About 65 miles of climbing and descending) and it rocked. I was aiming for a "hard" day today and i definitely got it. I churned through about 2600 kJ (roughly 3200 kCal), and averaged 275-300 watts for the hardest parts of the climb while pulling Herron via my right shoulder because he was too tired or too out of shape or too fat or some other nonsense to keep up with me. Anyways, i ended up bonking right as we were getting to Ward, then had a painful descent down lefthand. there were so many bugs out it was like getting sand thrown in my face the whole time we were doing 40-50mph, and i even managed to squish a few on my legs, face, and helmet (gross!). All in all it was an awesome ride, and was exactly what i needed.

In other news, I've come up with the perfect training plan to have me be at my strongest right at the Manhattan Beach Grand Prix which is going to be such an awesome race, it makes my teeth hurt. I can't divulge on it because it's so effective, but basically i'm going to win on the 29th, so get ready to hear about it. That's all for now. I'm tired.

No comments: