Thursday, September 18, 2008

End of a season, Beginning of a career

Well this road season is over. Was over a few weeks ago actually. I just finished up my 2 week hiatus from riding and am getting back into training, which is pretty tough. I'm starting my first ramp up to some 20 hour weeks in November (which are gonna be tough), but I have to do it. This winter is going to make my next season what it is, and if i'm going to be basing my decision to either go on as a cyclist or become an engineer on next season, i have to give it all that i've got for 6 months to see just how fast i can possibly get next season.

This season was a good one. I had a bunch of great finishes in the collegiate season, then upgraded to the 3's towards the end of the collegiate season. During the middle of the summer i had a few bad injuries and illnesses that kept me off the bike for a couple of weeks, so my late summer wasn't that great. What i did gain this season that is more valuable than any upgrade points was experience, and there's no replacement for race experience. I had a few fun races with some pro guys (A few garmin chipotle guys). Even though racing next season is 6 months away, i'm already so pumped to enter my first race of next season.

No comments: